May 18, 2011 Did you know that inflammation in the breast has been linked to the development and progression of breast cancer?
In the December 15, 2010 issue of Cancer Research, scientists say they can now definitively show that an inflammatory process within the breast itself can promote the growth of stem cells responsible for tumor development.
Their research also demonstrated that lowering this inflammation within the breast, actually reduced stem cell activity and stopped breast cancer from forming. (www.physorg.com/news/2010-12-breast-inflammation-key-cancer-growth.html)
So, how can we prevent and/ or reduce this inflammation which can lead to breast cancer?
1. Eat a plant based diet (lots of fruits & vegetables) Eat no-hormone meats, and seafood such as wild salmon as side dishes only. Add lots of whole grains and limit sugar; limit your non-fermented dairy (milk, butter, ice cream)… watch yourself lose that excess body fat!
2. Add EFA’s (essential fatty acids) to your diet. These include Omega 3, which is not as easily found in our diets. (try a fish oil or flaxseed oil supplement). A nice listing of many EFA’s foods can be found on the WomentoWomen website here…..oh….and lose excess body fat.
3. Avoid certain foods known to cause inflammation such as hydrogenated oils, sugar, caffeine, gluten and processed foods, just to name a few……..and lose your excess body fat.
4. Exercise Regularly…and get rid of your excess body fat.
5. Get plenty of sleep. (Aww, don’t we all wish to have a good night’s sleep – the almighty elixir?)………and that will help you lose your excess body fat.
To learn more about 7 easy ways to help stop breast cancer before it can get a toehold on your body, go to KnowBreastCancer.
If you have questions or comments, we’d love to hear from you. Let’s stop breast cancer before it can start.
Want to know if you currently have inflammation in your breasts or in other parts of your body?
We recommend you have a thermogram! Check out our next post for…..what our current day “breast health” centers don’t offer us… safe radiation-free thermography!!!!