Stopping Breast Cancer Before it Starts is Not Their Job
Women are the only group with the self-interest and power to prevent most breast cancer
You might think the authors of The Mayo Clinic Breast Cancer Book, each a clinician and senior professor in the field of breast cancer research, would offer readers the most up-to-date information on how to prevent breast cancer from happening.
But… you would be wrong.
Instead, the new book devotes only 12 out of 412 pages to educating women on the importance of prevention. Here are the book’s major recommendations:
- Have doctors remove your ovaries & breasts
- Take folate supplements if you drink alcohol
Sadly, the authors have ignored more than twenty years of research that now provides us a long list of specific known and probable causes and subsequent lifestyle changes that can significantly reduce a woman’s breast cancer risk. Here are three choices that are natural, safe, healthy, simple and inexpensive.
- Use hormone-free IUDs or have a tubal ligation so you can avoid taking birth control drugs. WHY? The progestin in all contraceptive drugs can initiate breast cancer and exponentially accelerate the growth of tumor cells.
- Use safe year- round tanning and/or D3 supplements to raise your vitamin D3 blood serum levels above 50 ng./ml. WHY? This level of D3 enables your healthy breast cells to destroy any mutated cells.
Like most breast “health” books and breast cancer “awareness” organizations, The Mayo Clinic Breast Cancer Book appears intently focused on diagnosing the disease: (think… “Are you sick yet?”) and on treating the disease (think…” Let us help you!’).
Yes… these are important tasks; they are also the profit-making end of our national breast cancer industry.
Sadly, The Mayo Clinic, like most other non-profit and for-profit cancer centers in the U.S. , remains strictly focused on the bottom line. Helping women stay healthy is not a profitable undertaking. Stopping the disease from happening in the first place is apparently not their job.
Meanwhile, an increasing percentage of U.S. women, of all ages, and those under 45, are being diagnosed with invasive breast cancer.
- A recent study in the Journal of the American Medical Association, found a 2% annual increase over the past three decades in late-stage metastatic breast cancer in women under 40 years, using 8 % to 18 % population samples, created by the National Cancer Institute.
- American Cancer Society estimates show an 11.8 % annual increase since 2007 in new cases of invasive breast cancer in women under 45 years old.
Why is more breast cancer happening to our younger women, than ever before?
Who is helping women learn how to stop breast cancer before it can start?
How can we turn off this faucet of more and more breast cancer?
The Mayo Clinic Breast Cancer Book ignores these three questions. Instead, the Clinic’s book, published in 2012, is a dramatic example of why women cannot depend on the Mayo Clinic, or virtually any cancer center or breast health center (aka mammogram clinic), to be up-to-date on how individuals can stop breast cancer before it starts. (mammograms may detect; they certainly do not prevent.)
We need to realize that given our current for-profit sick-care system, individual women are the only group in the United States today, that has both the self interest and the power to actually stop most breast cancer before it starts.
Put these three books on your reading list today if you are serious about lowering your breast cancer risk:
This short $3.99 ebook encourages women to try a hormone-free IUD or have a tubal ligation as alternatives to birth control drugs. The book also discusses natural ways to balance hormones if you now use birth control drugs for skin, menstrual or other hormone-related issues. Finally this small ebook offers a good summary of the most important studies linking birth control drug use to breast cancer, including Josef Penniger’s recent and startling research on how progestin drugs ( think all birth control drugs, some HRT drugs and some fertility drugs) exponentially increase a woman’s risk of developing breast cancer. This is the only book like it on the subject.
The Vitamin D3 Solution: A 3 Step Solution to our Most Common Health Problem, by Michael Holick, MD, PhD
More and more research shows that most women diagnosed with invasive breast cancer have vitamin D3 levels under 50 ng/ml, while women with D3 blood levels over 50 ng/ml are rarely diagnosed with the disease. Dr Michael Holick’s book describes how using safe levels of indoor and outdoor tanning can offer most people enough UVB rays to make their own vitamin D3. Holick also helps readers choose appropriate levels of D3 supplements, with or without tanning, to raise your blood level up to that protective 50-80 ng/ml level. This is the only book like it on this subject.
The Blood Sugar Solution: The UltraHealthy Program for Losing Weight, Preventing Disease, and Feeling Great Now! by Mark Hyman, MD
Numerous studies show how cancer busting foods we eat everyday can balance hormones, lower inflammation, and thus block breast tumors from happening.
· avoid dairy products with added hormones or switch to a dairy-free diet
· increase your intake of cruciferous vegetables and omega 3 fatty acids
· avoid high amounts of sugar from high glycemic foods
· drink chlorine-free filtered water
Anti-Cancer, by the late David Servan-Schreiber MD, a 20 year cancer survivor, was the first best seller in this field. Now Mark Hyman MD, a functional or prevention-oriented physician, has just published an up-to-date best seller on this critical subject of cancer-blocking foods.
Now Go Read!!!!