Increasing vitamin D3 & avoiding birth control drugs can also block breast cancer
As folksinger Melissa Etheridge recently said when asked about actress Angelina Jolie’s decision to have both of her healthy breasts amputated, “I wouldn’t call it the brave choice. I actually think it’s the most fearful choice you can make when confronting anything with cancer.”
Etheridge, like Jolie, was born with a defective “cancer fix-it” gene. Unlike Jolie, however, Etheridge was actually diagnosed with breast cancer nine years ago. However, the singer, now cancer-free, is among an increasing number of women who understand there are alternatives to the poison, burn and cut prevention options that traditional western medicine continues to offer women as their best choices when confronted with an increased risk of developing breast cancer.
“My belief is that cancer comes from inside you and so much of it has to do with the environment of your body,” Etheridge told a reporter last week.
Recent critical research finally tells us lots about why 240,000 women in the U.S. currently develop invasive breast cancer each year. This same research offers all women logical, healthy and inexpensive ways to stop most breast cancer before it can start.
- Increasing your vitamin D3 blood serum levels
- Avoiding birth control and other progestin-based drugs
are two easy and incredibly significant ways to actually block most breast cancer from taking root.
How does vitamin D3 stop breast cancer before it starts?
The DINOMIT theroy of breast cancer, developed by epidemiologist Cedric Garland, during three decades of research at the University of California, San Diego, shows how sufficient levels of vitamin D3 in the body enable breast cells to interlock with one another, forming a protective shield when a single breast cell becomes mutated. These interlocking cells block cancerous tumors from forming.
How or why can all contraceptive drugs, including Yaz, Seasonale, and the Mirena IUD, along with Prempro, (used by post- menopausal women), and progestin-based fertility drugs, also cause breast cancer?
Ask Josef Penninger! This young Viennese geneticist, founder of the Institute of Molecular Biology of the Austrian Academy of Science, recently discovered that progestin can activate the protein RANKL in breast cells; RANKL can then mutate a cell and can exponentially increase cell duplication of a single breast cancer cell, causing breast tumors to form. This dramatic finding won Penninger a $7.4 million Innovators Award from the Department of Defense’s Breast Cancer Research Fund last fall.
But even today, most medical centers, along with our wealthiest breast cancer foundations, Susan G. Komen For the Cure, Avon Walk for Women, and the American Cancer Society, continue to warn women, “We really don’t know what causes breast cancer.”
Using their huge misinformation campaigns, these well-heeled breast cancer giants, financed largely by pharmaceutical and radiology companies, generate more fear, followed by more breast amputations, and more breast reconstructions each year.
Enter Angelina Jolie and the 100,000 other women in the U.S. who had one or both breasts amputated last year. These individuals have usually been diagnosed with one of three conditions:
- invasive breast cancer
- some type of non cancerous breast condition
- a positive test for being born with a mutated “cancer fix-it” gene…called BRCA 1 or BRCA 2
Sadly, oncologists, mammogram clinics and major cancer centers rarely talk to women about increasing their vitamin D3 blood serum level to 50-80 ng/ml, and avoiding any progestin-based drugs as options that can also stop the disease before it starts. Why not?
- Most physicians don’t follow the newest research on the protective effects of vitamin D3; nor do most doctors follow the new research that explains how progestin causes breast cancer. Stopping breast cancer before it starts, after all, is rarely their job.
- Also, most physicians believe that the well-publicized “national” Vitamin D3 reports, conducted by the Institute of Medicine during the past few years, are valid. These doctors do not realize that the Institute’s study panels, which continue to find Vitamin D3 useless in preventing breast cancer, are designed and funded by pharmaceutical company interests.
- Meanwhile, most physicians believe that contraceptive pills and patches and other progestin-based drugs do not “significantly” increase breast cancer rates. However, this statement, still published by pharmaceutical companies and the American Cancer Society, is contradicted by 97% of studies done on the subject in the past decade.
- Also … and very sadly…most physicians say that their liability insurance may not cover their practice if they recommend increasing vitamin D3 and stopping progestin drugs, instead of advocating surgery, radiation (mammograms) or pharmaceutical drugs as the best ways for a client to stop breast cancer before it starts.
- Finally …most oncologists don’t make much money recommending more vitamin D3 supplements and increasing vitamin D3 by limited safe tanning, or by having a client stop using progestin drugs. Don’t forget…cancer specialists make a good portion of their annual income prescribing radiation, drugs and/or surgeries.
No wonder most women, including Jolie, remain fearful when they hear they are at high risk to develop breast cancer. Double breast amputations are even more likely if the woman’s health insurance will pay for these new perky breasts, with nipple-saving surgery that also offer a firm bra-free existence until the silicone or saline implants need to be replaced every ten years.
However, for more and more women, including Melissa Etheridge and myself, avoiding progestin drugs, taking vitamin D3 supplements, getting more D3-producing UVB rays from safe (very limited) indoor and outdoor tanning, and making other lifestyle and dietary changes, create a much gentler, happier and better-informed wellness choice.
Increasing incidence of invasive breast cancer in U.S
Low vitamin D3 linked to increased breast cancer incidence
DINOMIT theory of cancer (how/why increased levels of Vitamin D3 block tumor growth)
Institute of Medicine’s corporate-financed reports on vitamin D3 and breast cancer
Birth Control Drugs: Learn the terrible truth, VOl 1, Busting Breast Cancer Ebook Series, Susan Wadia-Ells
Penninger given $7.4 million Innovators Award for understanding how progestin causes/accelerates breast cancer
Department of Defense Breast Cancer Research Program
Melissa Etheridge is interviewed by The Washington Blade, June 13, 2013